Starting OutIn order to play Shadow Siege, you first need to download a client. Although you can play using the basic telnet that comes with Windows, it can be quite cumbersome and awkward to use.
One of the more popular and one that I can personally recommend is a free one called MushClient. Another popular one is Zmud though there are many clients available for you to choose from and many are freeware.
For the purposes of this tutorial, we'll look at how to set up and connect using MushClient.
- You can download the latest version of Mushclient at:
- Once downloaded, install and run.
- Select file from the top menu and then "New World" as illustrated below:
- A window will pop up asking if you wish to preload world defaults from an existing world. Select No.
- A configuration screen will pop up requesting the IP address information for the game you want to connect to. The information to enter is as follows:
- Put a tick in the box that says, "Save World Automatically on Close" then select the OK button down the bottom. (For most setups, you will not need to adjust the proxy server settings).
- You should now be connected to the gaming world of Shadow Siege and be prompted as to whether you would like colour or not. Mushclient does allow colour, so you can select Y for yes here.
- You can now create your out of character account and then choose the name of the character you want to play.